2 DATES! 2 CITIES!
- Cleveland, Ohio: Saturday June 11th, 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- Columbus, Ohio: Saturday June 18th, 9 m – 12 noon
- For registration details see below
Prince has been more than my favorite musical artist my whole adolescent and adult life, he’s been my boyfriend on the side for the past 30 years. He told me it was ok to be black, white, straight or gay, have wild sex, be a diva, speak my mind and if necessary, throw shade.
His music is woven through the tapestry of my life, and his voice was always there as a source of comfort, inspiration and/ or hope.
Now he’s gone and the world suddenly feels an infinitely more boring place. He has taken a piece of me with him.
I am having a hard time with this.
I need to dance it out.
If you want to get sweaty and release some endorphins with me and Prince, I have choreographed a sassy little number to a quintessential Prince love song that I hope will satisfy our inner Vanitys and Apollonias.
I plan to bathe myself in his music and drown my sadness with his voice.
I want to celebrate his life and his art.
Please join me.
Class will include a warm-up, light stretching, combinations and jazzy fusion choreography.
I will teach in combinations that you can take apart, use backwards or upside down, use with different music, and with any style of belly dance.
Students are welcome to use and perform my choreography and I will allow video at the end of class.
Prince inspired class attire is encouraged but not required!
AND I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE ALL OF YOU!!! I AM SERIOUSLY SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!
I wish U love
I wish U heaven
Cleveland, Ohio Saturday June 11th 12:30 – 3:30 pm
- The Hive: Embodiment Education
- 100 4th St. Elyria, OH 44305
- Registration link: http://elyriahive.com/prices
Columbus, Ohio Saturday June 18th 9 am – 12 noon
- Location- Seven Dance Academy (contact Dance du Soleil to register, info below)
- 8682 Cotter St. Lewis Center, OH 43035
- Registration Link: https://squareup.com/store/dance-du-soleil-studio/